This day begun satisfactory. Although the temperature outside was low, a veil of white clouds hid the sky and the last traces of summer seemed to have withered and died and there was an hour and a half long journey too look forward too in this ominous weather there was not much reason to be downhearted. This changed rather quickly however.
My first mistake was to not pack everything yesterday. If I am home for more than two days I tend to forget all kinds of things once I have a class. This time I forgot my wallet.
First of all it’s vital to know the circumstances around the journey from home to the university to fully appreciate this anecdote. And so – there is a twenty minute long drive for me to get into town from where I take the bus into the capital and to the University of Stockholm. The bus ride takes circa an hour.
Usually my classes are held between the hours of ten o’clock am until eleven o’clock am. At times they last until two o’clock pm. And sometimes I have two classes in one day. This particular day, however, I had only one one hour class.
Because I take such a long time getting ready for school I generally get up about two hours before I have to leave home (which means approximately three and a half hour before class.) What I do to always make it on the bus just in the nick of time I have absolutely now idea. I don’t spend any time on my hair – once you get the mohawk up it really is low maintenance for about four or so days – and it’s not getting dressed because that takes, at most, seven minutes. Perhaps it’s breakfast. I’m a very slow eater. Or perhaps it is my makeup; girls are notoriously slow when getting ready for whatever it may be and the blame is often placed upon the time makeup takes to apply. I hardly wear any makeup though. In any case, for whatever reason, I was running late once again.
I jumped into the car but halfway to town I realized that I, indeed, had forgotten my wallet. And thus the bus card. There was nothing to do but to turn around. And, what happens, other than that I run out of gas? Or, not exactly, there is about 2,64 gallons left but my car needs at least 4 or it just jumps forward instead of rolling. So I was in a hurry and the car was playing leapfrog. Lovely.
Once I got back and retrieved the wallet, putting it in the pocket of my jacket, I had to borrow a car because I have absolutely not a penny for gas. So once again I was off, now about to be at least ten minutes late but still able to catch that class.
I arrived and I parked the car. I got out. I sat down and waited five minutes or so for the bus. I saw it in the distance and got up. Now where did I put my wallet? At first I looked for it casually, in a oh don’t mind me I’m not forgetful I just can’t find it at the moment sort of manner. But as the line disappeared inside the vehicle I slowly started panicking – where the hell was it?!
The bus-doors closed. Time stopped. My world shrunk and my head started spinning. Possibly did my life flash before my eyes too. And I put my hand in the pocket of my jacket and, yes, there laid the wallet safely tucked away. I tried banging on the buss, pathetically running a few steps, but my efforts were in vain and I stopped and could only watch the buss roll off into the distance.
Next bus left fifteen minutes subsequent to that. However, that would mean I’d be so horribly late that there would only be around ten to fifteen minutes left of my class. So I decided to return home and now the rest of the day will consist of a few more minutes of sulking, some more blogging and Break This City.
My next class is this Wednesday. I cannot afford anymore mishaps as this course is compulsory and missing one lesson is most frowned upon and missing two, especially in a row, will lead to a load of extra homework and missing more than two means, without exception, that the course will have to be retaken.
And my luck doesn’t seem to be about to turn. The weather is still cold and the firmament is grey. And I just remembered that I have a library book that’s five days overdue which I was supposed to return today. Hopefully their site is working so I can borrow it again. Hopefully they will let me even though I have a small fee due to the book being late. A fee I cannot pay since I'm broke. But hopefully I'll get money soon.
Wish me luck?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
-hugs tight- Good luck.
Always.
Thank you.
-hugs back-
Post a Comment