Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Little Something

I think that in our day and age we tend to take a little too much on. We are a little too accessible and we try to do everything at once. If I wrote a good oldfashion diary instead of this blog I'd not have to feel any pressure about updating. Now, I know there is no pressure on me to update because you're all such lovely and understanding readers. It's just me. But nevertheless it's one more thing I stress out about on a regular basis.

I think maybe it might be simply because I only write what I feel is worth writing. I don't feel like I really need to get it off my chest that I bought a pair of shoes and is on my way to watch a tv show and eat an apple. Somehow I think that's extremely meaningless for me to tell and anyone to waste their time reading. And since I only write when I have a good story to tell, or when I just need to clear my mind from things that I can't stop mulling over, my blog is my outlet. Because I wield the written word much better than the spoken and thus any of my adventures translates so much better into a little written anecdote. And it's much easier to move on from a stream of thoughts once you've shaped it into words and had someone listen to those words.

It can seem as if though rows upon rows of story-telling or thought-jumble is hardly different from entry upon entry of everyday events. And really, are not the everyday-entries more truthfully in painting a picture of reality? Perhaps. But, it's my reasoning, that reading about new shoes and jogging and eating apples (or indeed any other fruit) is a substitute for having actual converstation with a friend or group of friends and socialize. Whilst reading a story isn't replacing a nice little chat on a café as a story is always a story. The story, spoken or written, might add something to your life. It might raise questions which changes your outlook on a matter or it might teach you something or just give you something that's really worth thinking about. While, and I'm all for socializing via internet, reading a blog from someone you don't know about details in this persons life which really tells you nothing worth knowing doesn't replace calling your friend up to chat about the same everyday things. It's simply a waste of time.

So even though the short entries telling you nothing that you really need to know about things not really worth telling would be much more frequent and would reduce the pressure on me to have something truly worth updating about I prefer it the way it is. So bear with me and endure the wait and I'll do my very best to always make it worth it. With brand new entries which hopefully is not a waste of your time.

No comments: