Monday, April 18, 2011

Detention

It hit me today that, indeed, I recognized this feeling. One or two times throughout my School years I got sent to detention. And while it's frustrating not to be able to leave, to go somewhere else, I've always enjoyed places and hours where there are not too much people around. I enjoy the early hours during summer - preferably getting up at six 'o clock, before most of the population a lazy Saturday in the middle of July. Or a late summer night when most have gone home, even the party-people.

I am simply more comfortable in loneliness.

As restless and agitated I become from having my freedom restricted by something such as fixed hours I quite liked it to be one of perhaps three or four people left in the entire School building.

Just as I feel comfortable being the only one left on the ground floor at work and being one of the two to five persons left in the entire building.

If it wasn't for the fact that these hours do not fit into my life in any way I think I'd be kind of okay with working late hours. Unfortunately, I don't work night and I don't work regular "office-hours". I work something in-between - 10.00 - 18.45. But, well, hopefully I'm getting out of detention soon.

And hopefully I won't have to put up with too big a crowd when I do.

No comments: