Wednesday, July 4, 2012

When I Had The Chance

I spoke with a coworker today when I was heading into City after work to get a few things before the my vacation begins and I realized that, damn, I really blew my one chance, didn't I? I have an apartment now, two cats and I'm in a relationship. Kind of tied up now.

Damn.

Did my one chance to just get up and get away disappear? I thought about it and I realized the best shot I had of getting the hell away was after High School, when I still had money left and I had the time and no ties whatsoever. But instead I gave up and gave into that idea that I needed an education and a normal job.

Not a very good decision. I should never ever have allowed anyone to talk me into trying to be an average citizen.

But.

I suppose the things I've got are pretty neat. Having my own place and a good relationship is worth a lot, after all.

And, well, I sure hope it's not to late to find a real good adventure.

No comments: